Tim Penstone - Smith - SJN Photography
Motorsport Photography & News
Meet The Driver
Tim Penstone - Smith
1. When did you start racing and where?
Started age 11 at Hatfield school with natska,in an aerial 50.
2. Would you consider racing in another formula?
I'd love to try an RGB, and I did a day in the Formula Renault years ago, obviously I have Victor Vee which I hope to get a go in if Lewis allows!
3. What’s your most memorable moment in 2017?
2017 opening round Silverstone qualified 3rd ,and led race for a bit but slipped to 2nd so best result so far.
4. Tell us a random fact about yourself!
Broke my back in a kart in 2009, which made me decide to build 'Scrappy Jack' in the first place so every cloud has a silver lining
5. What is your favourite race circuit?
Favourite circuit is tricky as I go well in the wet like Cadwell meeting but for outright speed Thruxton in Formula Renault gets the heartbeat going.
6. Sum up your 2017 season in 5 words?
Should qualify better at front.
8. What are the goals for the 2018 season?
2018 finish in top 5 championship, and be the oldest guy up front in a homebuilt car on the smallest budget.
7. Do you have any pre race superstitions?
Ha well I had new Star Wars socks at Silverstone so tend to wear them!
9. If you could race “Victor Vee” which circuit would it be at?
Victor Vee Silverstone so I could see just how fast he is.
10. Sum up the Locost championship in three words
Powered by SmugMug