The first driver of 2019 is Clio 182 driver Stephen Richardson. We put 10 questions to him, here is what he had to say..
1. How did you get into racing?
I have always loved racing since i was a boy and lucky enough to help my cousin (Dean Raymond) in the Mini Challenge this also taught me how to get into the driving aspect.
2. What are your goals for 2019?
My goals are to improve in each race weekend compared to the previous weekend.
3. Where is your favourite track?
It’s hard to say as I have not driven around many yet but I would say Brandshatch at the moment.
4. What made you choose the Clio 182 championship?
I chose the Clio 182 as there is not a race series that is as close as the clios and I wanted to race against the same cars so that results rely in the team and the driver.
5. Sum up racing in 5 words Ups!
Downs! & upside-downs 😂
6. Tell us a random fact about yourself.
I was on Big Breakfast naked.
7. Do you have any pre race superstitions?
I wear lucky Christmas elf socks
8. If you could pick a team mate who would it be?
9. Do you prefer racing in the dry or wet?
10. Sum up the Clio championship in 5 words
Friendly, Fast, Close, Affordable, Fun
Stephen would like to thank a few people: I’m very lucky with the level of support I have behind me with regards to my team who are just as hooked to motorsport as I am, I would not be able to do it with out Rio, Jake, Dane, Lewis and Edd. My sponsors SaxonBridge, MkTow bars, Bewise Building Services, Golden Garden, D&A Autos, Stitch Milton Keynes come along to the weekend and enjoy the great atmosphere. They have trusted me with there brand and I do not want to let them down.